Texas Water Safari delayed until September 12th, 2020

The Texas Water Safari (TWS) will NOT be held June 13 – 17 (the second weekend in June) but is rescheduled to September 12 – 16.  Race Check-In will be on Friday, September 11. For racers that have preregistered for the Texas Water Safari to be held June 13-17 and chose not to race in September, refunds will be issued upon request by emailing texaswatersafari@yahoo.com, including the service handling fee.  There will be no price increases this year.  Registration fee will remain at $175 per racer.

The Junior Texas Water Safari will not be held or be rescheduled. 

We know this will not work for all, but the TWS board felt this was the best solution for a fluid situation that changes daily.  This will hopefully allow for the pandemic to play out and allow for a great race this September.

Details are still being ironed out on registration deadlines, how we will determine starting positions, etc.  Once these details are finalized, we will post them on our website and Facebook page. 

This was not an easy decision because we know how important the race is to all, but we felt this is the best solution to help ensure racer’s safety, allow more time to train and for the Coronavirus to run its course.

Texas Water Safari Board


Leave a Comment

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.